Workshop leader: Nasim Abaeian
Maximum number of participants: 8
Date of workshop: April24,May01,08,15
This workshop is intended to provide an introduction to the techniques required in order to produce illustrations using watercolours. Whilst exploring a range of techniques, students will be encouraged to develop their personal illustrative style and will be given direction on how to maintain a consistent identity through a series of works.
• Introduction to watercolours
• Showing successful examples of illustrations and paintings using watercolour by different illustrators/artists
• Introduction to watercolour brands, brushes, papers, hot and cold press board
• Creating test pieces on various surfaces, washes and working in layers from light to dark.
• Mixing on the palette
• Working with transparent washes
• Mixing hues directly on the surface
• Using ink and watercolour
• Use of rubber cement and masking fluid
• Test pieces with ink, watercolour and masking fluid
• Completion of individual artwork using ink and watercolour and masking techniques
• Group critique
Session 1 Saturday 24 April
Session 2 Saturday 1 May
Session 3 Saturday 8 May
Session 4 Saturday 15 May
Each session will be scheduled as follows:
Part one 10.00 – 13.00
Lunch 13.00 – 14.00
Part two 14.00 – 16.00
A sandwich lunch will be provided
FEES: FULL COURSE FEES MUST BE PAID ON REGISTRATION
Tashkeel members: 1620 DHS per course
Non-members: 1800 DHS per course
Basic materials and equipment required for the workshop will be provided. Participants must purchase any additional materials used. Participants are advised to bring their own aprons.
Whilst every care will be taken to ensure that this workshop is conducted in a safe manner and environment, Tashkeel cannot be held responsible for any accidents and injuries that may be caused as a result of participation.